Prostate is an exocrine gland found in the reproductive system of males. It is located between the bladder and the penis that helps make semen, the fluid that contains sperm. The size of prostate gland in young man is about the size of a walnut. It grows slowly in size with age. If it gets too large, it can cause problems. Prostate troubles are commonly seen after the age of 50.
Prostate Cancer is a condition where the cells in the prostate gland start to grow uncontrollably. It is a slow progressing disease which only affects men. Several studies shows that about 80% of all men in their seventies had prostate cancer - it is only know when an autopsy is done.
Signs and Symptoms of Prostate Cancer :-
Prostate cancer doesn’t shows any symptoms during the early stages. Enlarge of prostate gland shows symptoms like
- Presence of blood in urine
- Find it hard while urinating
- Patients urinates more often
- Ejaculation may be painful
The symptoms like bone pain often in vertebrae, ribs or pelvis, leg weakness, urinary incontinence are also possible if the prostate cancer is advanced.
Prostate cancer can be caused by number of reasons. Some of them includes
- Genetics - Family history increases the risk of prostate cancer
- Age - Age has a significant role in prostate cancer. Older a man is, higher the risk.
- Smoking - Heavy smokers have a higher chance for prostate cancer
- Obesity - Obesity has a clear link with prostate cancer. Obese persons has a high chance for prostate cancer.
Diagnosis and Treatment Procedure :-
Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA), Digital Rectal Examination (DRE), Biopsy methods are commonly used for diagnosing prostate cancer. Prostate cancer can be prevented by eating right foods, regular exercises and avoiding smoking habit. Some drugs like dutasteride, finasteride also prevent prostate cancer.
For More Enquiry Mail Us : firstname.lastname@example.org